Thursday, September 9, 2021

Done is done

 I booked my tickets for Switzerland today


    I was really conflicted.  I could have booked nonrefundable seats and saved a bunch of money.  Or refundable seats and played it safe.

    So I went with the refundable seats.  Who knows what can happen in the next two weeks over there.  Covid restrictions could be placed on travelers, or I could be sick, or any number of things.  

    Most airlines offer free rebooking if you cancel.  But if Julia is here, then there is no reason for me to go there....unless she goes on vacation and I tag along.  But that probably will not happen.

    The frustrating aspect was picking the flight.  Calling customer service is great if you don't want information from a human.  

    It used to be you could call and use your miles to upgrade.  I was told today you upgrade after you book, and IF there are upgrades available, and IF you bought a ticket that was able to be upgraded, and IF you had enough miles, then you could upgrade.  But the guy could not tell me anything ahead of time.

    I tried the usual suspects for comparing rates, but eventually went with Luhthansa.  It is a Swiss Air flight, but the Swiss Air fticket is not refundable and Lufthansa's is..... which makes no sense to me.

    So..passport?  Check.  Vax cards?  Check.  Care for Jackie?  Check.  Tickets?  Check.  TSA check?  Check.

    All I have to do is finish my list and pack.

    Both could take a while.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment