Thursday, September 3, 2020

day....yikes!!.....173

 I had quite the experience today


    My cuckoo clock quietly quit.  (Notice the clever use of alliteration?)

    I know the workings need to be cleaned and oiled every few years, and I just figured that was the problem.

    Last time that happened, I took it to a clock shop in Sycamore.  I called and confirmed their hours and went over today.

    I was driving eastbound on IL 38.  There was a pickup truck, another car, me, and 2 motorcycles behind me.

    As we approached Creston, the truck slowed to turn left.

    The car slowed, I quickly slowed and stopped, as did the motorcycles behind me.

    As the truck  began his turn and we started  moving, I looked in my rear view mirror and saw this van barreling toward the motorcycles!  Almost on top of them, the car veers to the right, goes into the ditch, and as the traffic moves, emerges out of the ditch onto the road!

    I can't believe the vehicle did not roll!

    The person continued on toward DeKalb at a much lower rate of speed.  I suspect there may have been some pants full of something at that point.

    It reminded me that just a second of lack of focus can mean life or death.

    I was glad everyone was ok.

    And the cuckoo?  Man opened it and said the gearing was really dirty and just needed to be cleaned and oiled.  It will be done in a couple of weeks.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.

Peace and Love






No comments:

Post a Comment