Thursday, September 10, 2020

day...celebrate??.....180

 Did I really just type day 180?


    Holy crap.  That's a long time.

    I do have another type of problem though.

    We are moving into fall.  That means I have to finish my collection of rosé wine relatively soon, because rosé is a warm weather, summer wine.

    I think I have four bottles left.  I don't know how well they keep, I suspect they would be fine next summer, but I am not positive.

    Bacchus knows, it was odd drinking a rosé today with a 50 degree temp outside.  But I carried on, sacrificing for the good of the bottle.  Truthfully, any wine would have been good tonight...it was that kind of day.

    Hell, it's been that kind of year.

    One of the things I miss about not having a wood burning fireplace is getting a fire going on a crisp night, like tonight.  It is 57 outside.  I did put our gas fireplace on for about 25 minutes, just to take the chill out of the air, but it is not the same.  No smell of smoke, no ashes, no lighting matches countless times and swearing because the wood isn't catching.  But honestly, I do miss it.

    Just another thing about life I seem to be missing in 2020.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or ..... oh hell, what does it matter now.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment