Monday, September 14, 2020

day......damn ....184

What has he done this time? 


    I know that's what you are thinking, aren't you?

    The answer is, nothing on purpose.

    Things just happen in clusters for me.  

    For example, friend John called and asked if we were going to be home tomorrow because they were going to be close and thought they would stop over.  I have a 1 p.m. home medical visit scheduled by my insurance company.  Of all the days for two things to happen, it would be tomorrow.  Plus, we have our cleaning person coming in the afternoon too, so my insurance company interview will have to be on the porch.

    Jackie has an appointment with the same lady two days later....why they did not schedule both at the same time is beyond me.  That would have made sense.

    I bought some goods from Walmart on line.  I don't need them.  But since it was on line, I can't just take them back to the store.  I have to file for a return on line.  Then I can take it to the store.

    I have tried three times today.  I got the message saying the site was down twice, and now I get a page not found or cookies too large.  I took that personally, I don't think my cookies are too large and besides, it is none of their business what size my cookies are.  Or aren't.

    Technology is not my friend.

    I mowed today for the first time in about a month.  Yard looks nice, except for the spots it doesn't look nice.  I also got a short bike ride in, which is a great mental break for me.

    I sort of feel like a Nascar driver though.  I ride around my block.  It is about 2.2 miles for a complete loop, a little less if I avoid Skare Road.  I took the road today, but when that maniac driver in the van honked loudly at me as he sped past, I realized how dangerous it was out there.  OK, I lied.  It wasn't a maniac driver.  It was son in law John and he went around me very carefully.  I did three laps using the road and one not using the road, giving me a ride a little over 8 miles.  

    Time, not fatigue, is the determining factor in how long I ride.  I stick to the block because if Jackie needs me for something I am just minutes away.  

    But it does get kind of boring just going around and around. And around.  Unlike Nascar drivers, I do have to make left and right turns. 

    That's it in a nutshell.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment