Wednesday, September 16, 2020

day......huh....186

Sometimes I don't understand big businesses 


    A few months ago I ordered a book through Amazon.  It was billed as used, hardcover.  When I got it it was a paperback.  So I complained.

    They gave me my money back and said keep the book.

    I ordered some items from a name retailer on line in August.  They are still in the shipping boxes, unopened, in the garage.  We don't need them.

     I tried to return them on line, but the site was not working.  Tonight I used the chat feature to ask what to do.

    Nice customer service rep told me he was working on the paperwork to return the items to the store except....one item they won't take back.  They are refunding me the money, but don't want the $17 item back.  They suggested we either donate the item  or simply toss it.

    That confuses me....why not take the item back?  It isn't open, still sealed, and it's an item that can't spoil.....so why not take it back?

    Yet, they still make billions every year.

    I am watching/listening to the Cubs.  They are in a drone delay!  A drone is flying over the park.  Never had that happen before.

    Another sign of the times.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment