Saturday, September 26, 2020

day......windy!....196

This was a very strange day 


    It was not sunny.   It was not 85.  It was not rainy.  (Or at least when I am writing this it was not.)  It is windy.

    So much for the forecast!

    It was a comfortable day.  I spent half my time putting on a sweatshirt and the other half taking it off.  Ok, I am exaggerating a bit.

    I did spend time on the computer deleting stuff.  

    My computer is running slow.....like molasses .... but there is plenty of available memory, so that is not the problem.

    John and Emily have looked into it, I spent 90 minutes on the phone with a tech support person who ran all sorts of tests and reboots and resets and tests and it did not improve the speed.

    I started with 9,180 photos.  I have whittled it down to 8,785.  Good grief.

    And e mails.  We have a security system  Every night when I arm it I get a notice that the system is activated.  In the morning I disarm it and get a notice the system is deactivated.  2 a day.  We've had the system 3 years.  So I deleted all of those, and the ones from advertisers, and the ones from the zoo, and the daily Tribunes.....there were a lot of e mails.

    But it still is slow.  

    I have emptied the trash.  I have deleted the deletes.  No difference.

    So....an appointment with the Geniur bar is next. 

    In the meantime....I want to introduce, through the magic of video, my new acquisition for the native garden.


    I will put it out next spring, gives me time to clear coat it to keep it looking neat.  I just hink it will be an interesting addition to my little prairie.

    That's it for me.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.

Peace an Love

No comments:

Post a Comment