Sunday, September 13, 2020

day....animals!....183

Today was a day for the animals 


    Cubs have a no hitter.  Bears have a comeback win.

    And I see wildlife in the yard, almost up close and personal.

    I opened the bedroom blinds this morning and a huge hawk flew past the window!  It had a red fan tail, so I am assuming it was  a red tailed hawk.  It flew out to the back of the yard and sat on a tree branch on my bur oak.

    I don't ever recall seeing one near my yard before.

    To recap, a couple of weeks ago I saw a bunny, and last week I saw two foxes...critters I had not seen in the 8 plus years we have been in this house.

    I also notice a decrease in the number of ground squirrels...and I thank the foxes and the hawk for that.

    Tonight Corki chased a toad, and the other night I saw a frog hopping across my driveway.  I think it was a frog....no bumps and long legs.  I am not near water, so maybe a tree frog?  It was dark....but the frog was green.

    By the time I got my camera, the hawk was leaving.  But it did leave a present for me on the patio, at least I think it had to be from the hawk.  It was too large for the sparrows and finches that hang around my feeders.

    That's my life.....quick bike ride, made impossible cheeseburger pie for supper, baked an apple pie that was in the freezer and opened a nice little bottle of rosé.  I have one left, and will probably save it.  My friend David said rosé in the fall     or winter brings a little bit of summer back in one's life.  I will try that.

    Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.

Peace and Love



This is not from a sparrow....

    On a sad note today, I opened my last dark chocolate bar.  I have chopped it up into pieces and will only have one a day.  I think I have a fan blade coming out of my head!
Ouch......



No comments:

Post a Comment