Wednesday, July 1, 2020

day.......when will I learn......107

I have to be one of the dumbest people

     We learn from our mistakes, and our past experiences, right?
     Not me...I keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.
     My driver's license expired in May, but because of Covid it was extended until October or some time.
     Two weeks ago I went to the SOS office in Oregon and renewed my license.  They gave me a paper copy showing that my new license was being processed.
     About 1 week ago I got my new license.
     I did not put it in my wallet.  I did not put it on the counter.  Today, I realized I had no idea where it was....and the paper copy was gone.
     Like the important letter from insurance, it had disappeared.
     I spent 15 minutes yelling at myself for my stupidity.  Jackie looked, I looked, nothing.  I went through the shred box, for the second time in two weeks, looking for something that was not there.
     I constantly lose my phone because I just lay it down.  Same with my wallet.
I decided to put my phone and my wallet in a little plastic basket on the counter.
     For some reason, I looked in there and my license was laying face down in the basket.
     20 minutes gone from my life, and a lot of frustration.
     I do this constantly.  It really angers me.
     On a positive note, I did cancel my Sirius.  I turned down a six month offer, a one year offer, a free home radio, a streaming service for only something but  because I am a valued customer they can give it to me for almost nothing.  And the radio is free!
     I bet I said no 20 times. 
     He asked me why, and I said I was selling the car.  He asked me why, and I told him we had two cars and Jackie rarely drives, so we don't need 2 cars.
     He was persistent.
     But as they say, all's well that ends well.
     Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Wear a mask.
Peace and Love

My native garden is growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment