Wednesday, July 22, 2020

day....oh my....126

I made my dreaded phone call to Apple support today

     I am not smart enough to schedule an appointment in the Naperville store. 
     So I talked to someone on line.
     Nice guy...Matt...lives in Ohio.
     I called the support number at 12:28 and at 12:55 I was connected with Matt.
    We spent the next two and a half hours booting, rebooting, rebooting, scanning, reconfiguring and chatting about sports during the process.
     The whole reason for my call was my computer runs slow.  And everything we did does not seem to make a difference tonight.
     For example:  Computer is asleep.  I wake it up.  I click on the Google Chrome icon and 1 minute later I am finally at a place where I can click on Facebook, Yahoo, or do an internet search.  One minute seems too long to me and Emily and John thought it was also.  Hence the call.
     On a restart, it could take 5 or more minutes.  Again, that does not seem normal.
     My whole schedule was thrown off today.
     At 2 I was to clean the master bedroom and bathroom.  When I got off the call at about 3:30, Jackie still hadn't had lunch, nor had I, so I made snacks.  That put me almost at 4 before I started cleaning.
     Scratch the bike ride.  Scratch anything else I had planned.
     So I am kind of bummed. 
     At least the bathroom and bedroom are cleaned, supper is done, dishes done....I think I forgot to start the dishwasher.  Have to do that.
     There are not enough hours in my day.
     Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket!
Peace and Love

     I did have a visitor today!
     I don't know which shot I like best, so there are three.







No comments:

Post a Comment