Friday, July 24, 2020

day......hot hot hot....128

I think it's going to be a brutal weekend

     It's supposed to be hot, with "feels like" indexes near or just past 100.
     I probably won't do much outdoors, although I would like to get a short ride in later in the day.
      I did ride in town today.  I also stopped for a coffee and the extremely young person serving put on a mask as soon as I walked in the door.  I like that.
     I was glad to watch the Cubs tonight. It brings a little normalcy into our lives, although watching a game with hardly anyone in the stands is a bit odd, especially with the piped in crowd noise.
     There were some people in the stands, I imagine Cubs staff, scouts, coaches, Comcast execs and I wondered what it would be like to be the only person in the stands.  It would be eerie.
     When I was young, once, I went to a late September game at Wrigley.  Sat in the bleachers.  There must have been less than 1,000 people at the game.
     What I remember is Billy Williams hit 3 homeruns that day. 
     You would think sitting in the bleachers I would have had a good chance of getting a ball....but noooooo!
     If I sat in right, he hit one to left.  If I sat in left, he hit them to right.  I think he knew I was out there.
     The other memory of that game I have is hearing the infielders' chatter.  With so few people in the park, you could hear the guys talking.
     It was eerie, but neat.
     I imagine Wrigley these days is the same way.
     The advantages include less crowds in the neighborhood on game day and not having to travel 3 hours home after the game is over.
     In January I would have told you  that I was going to 10 Cubs games this year.
     Just shows that the future is a bitch to predict.
     Stay healthy.  Stay safe.  Mask it or casket!
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment