Tuesday, July 14, 2020

day.....answers....118

I got some answers to questions today

     Comet Neowise is visible in the morning sky, just an hour or two before sunrise.  So, for two mornings I have been up at 4 searching the skies.....nothing.  I am looking in the northeast sky....nothing.
     Maybe it's trees blocking my view.  I don't know.
     Starting today, the comet will be visible to a lesser degree about 1 hour after sunset.  Much more doable for sleeping purposes.  But it is cloudy tonight.  And storms are forecast for tomorrow. 
     By July 23 the comet will be its closest to Earth, but you'll need a telescope to get a good view.  Go figure.
     That happens to me a lot.  Meteor showers?  Rain.  Lunar eclipse?  Clouds.  Space station passing overhead?  Clouds.
     I have a devil of a time looking at sky phenomena.  Every year I say I am going far north in mid August to catch the Persied meteor showers....and every year I stay here and see one or two meteors. 
     Answer number 2:  What the hell happened to my yarrow, the plant almost impossible to kill?   Friend Bobbi said the plant got too much water at one time.  I had four patches of it...and all four shriveled up and died.  She said it will come back....I hope so.
     Answer 3:  How long will it take to prepare our beans for the freezer?  About two hours...we packed three one gallon bags of Italian beans.  Now, just waiting for the bush beans to ripen...in this heat, it may not be long.
     Answer 4:  To be determined....how hot will it get this weekend?  I hope the predictions of 98 are way off.
     That's it.
     Stay Safe.  Stay healthy.  Wear a mask.
Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment