Wednesday, July 29, 2020

day... dejá vu......132

Well, that did not work out well

     Jackie has another infection, I think that is number 4 for the year...maybe 5.
It makes her really tired.  Someone with MS who gets tired needs help.  So Emily and John came over tonight to help get her into bed.
     Please, this is not a poor Terry or poor Jackie post.  Just a matter of fact statement.
     That is what our life is.... a series of problems to overcome.
     We are no different than the couple facing  cancer, or Covid, or Alzheimers.....just two people struggling to make it through the day.  One foot in front of the other.
     Except sometimes it just saps the patience right out of you.  Sometimes the wrong foot is in front.  Sometimes the foot doesn't move.  Sometimes the frustration builds to the point of tears. 
     So, how was my day?
     Not the best.  Not the worst.  Frustrating, yes.  Tiring, yes. 
     But I do have my blessings:  my daughters, my son in law, my wife, my dog, my friends, fireflies that blink hello in the night and stars that twinkle and remind me I am a pretty small part of this world.
     It's also the kind of day that I wish I could find humor in, but I can't.  Except I was careful making salad and eating croutons tonight.
     Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Mask it or casket.
Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment