Sunday, July 5, 2020

day........ennui....110

I seem to be in a rut

     Wake up.  Eat.  Read.  Eat.  Do dishes. Go to bed.
     Two days I have not gone off my property.  I don't even remember walking to the back of the yard to check on my native garden.
     It is hot, and I am just not up to it.
     But I need to do something to show some sense of accomplishment in life.
     I should ride around the block at around 7, but the past two nights I am just starting supper then.
     I should weed in the shade in the afternoon, but that is my nap time, apparently.
     I don't think I am the only person with this problem.  It's hot.  Covid lurks.  Shopping is a crap shoot.  Dining out is the same.
     And the forecast for this week keeps us in the 90s until Saturday, I do believe.
     I could go around and level the pictures in my house..Emily pointed out I don't have a picture hanging straight in the entire house!  I think that is because my eyes focus on slightly different levels, and that throws things out of whack.
     I may have to go shopping soon.  It is approaching sock time.
     Years ago I decided to buy one color and style of sock...Gold Toe black crew socks for winter and Gold Toe gray crew socks for summer.
     I buy 12 pairs at a time....and then I toss my old socks.
     They are starting to get a little thin, because I bought them all maybe 2 years ago...or 3.  Once one goes, they all seem to go.
     Why the same?  Because I got tired of matching different styles of socks when I do laundry.  Now all I do is match up two black socks or two gray.  It is so much easier.
     Geez....I have a boring life.
     Stay safe.  Stay healthy.  Wear a mask.
Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment