Thursday, July 23, 2020

day.....SRO......127

Have a seat...or not

     I needed to replace a toilet seat.
     I like going to the plumber who installed all the stuff in our house.  That way, things are consistent.
     Last Friday I went and bought a new seat.
    Toilet seats come in two shapes....the one that fits my toilet and the one that doesn't.  I can never remember if I have an oval toilet, or a round one.  But it seems to me, a round one is not correct.
     So I ordered an oval.  It did not fit.
     I called the plumbing people and they looked at my purchase record and said last time I needed a seat I got an oval.
     An oval does not fit.  That hit me as I put the seat on and it did not fit.  It did not fit the last time I ordered an oval.  It will not fit the next time I order an oval.
     So I went today and got a round, which fits.
    Here's where it gets complicated.
     I took the seat from the basement toilet and replaced the broken upstairs one with that.  Then I took another toilet seat off the small bathroom upstairs,  because it is now the "odd" seat in the upstairs.
     Hovever....because I knew the odd seat fit, I took that to the plumbing place as an example.
     While there, I mentioned two minor issues that needed to be fixed some day.  I then went to ride my bike in town.
     One of the guys finished his job early, so they called the house and said they were coming.  No problem.
     Thursdays and Fridays are my afternoons off as a caregiver.  We have a person come in for three hours to tend to Jackie so I can have some free time.
      One of the minor issues is a toilet that runs for 15-20 seconds every three or four hours.
     Plumbing guy was working on that toilet when Jackie called.  It seems in a house with 4 toilets, we were down to one that a person could actually use!  I had the seat for the basement one with me, and the new seat for the upstairs one with me, and the plumber was working on the other one.
     4 toilets.....we can only use one.
     Go figure.
     To top it off, now I can't find the damn nuts for the seat going downstairs.  I know I put them in a place where I would not lose them.  I just don't remember where that place is.
     The good news....we have three toilets you can sit on, if needed.
     I'm sure the nuts will turn up someday.
     On a more positive note....had a great bike ride and a video visit with our Florida relatives.
     And please, no comments about me mishandling my nuts.  Someoine had to say it.
     Stay safe.  Stay masked.  Be careful out there.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment