Tuesday, July 28, 2020

day......tasty....131

Sometimes I just have  to learn the hard way

     We had leftovers tonight....to be honest, it was not a great dining experience.
I made a salad.
     Romaine lettuce, tomato, cut up mandarin oranges, bacon bits, cucumber, carrots...topped off with some croutons.
     I made Jackie's, then mine and gave Jackie hers and put mine aside. 
     Next I made Corkie's supper. 
     I sliced up a carrot, mashed some green beans, added a fish oil tablet, and then stirred in her food.
     Now, Corki has a special diet food.  There are two types of chunks, small round ones and odly shaped larger ones that are a chicken product.  (I wrote the manufacturer and asked.)  Corki will eat the small chunks, but pile up the larger ones.  Eventually, she eats them.  I guess  when she gets hungry enough, they are ok to eat.
     There is a point to all this detail.
     After supper I was doing dishes and started to wipe off the area where I made the salads. 
      I found a couple of croutons, so I popped one into my mouth.
     It did not taste like a crouton.  It was salty.  And meaty.  I looked at the second crouton and it strongly resembled the chicken parts in Corkie's food.
     I don't know why she des not like the chunks, because I thought it tasted fairly good.
     As a side note, when I was young and dumb, I would go to my cousin Sally's house.  They had a dog.  One day I tried a Milk Bone.  I actually liked it and it became a regular treat for me at my cousin's until the day someone told me what went in them.
     Lesson learned:  Don't eat random items you find on your counter.
     Stay safe.  Stay healthy  Mask it or casket.
Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment