Friday, March 6, 2020

Grrrrrr........

What is happening to my mind?

     I was very discombobulated today.  If that is spelled wrong, I apologize.
     I have a friend, Linda, who gave me some coffee for Christmas.  I grind the beans when I go to brew a cup or two.  Today I put some beans in, did the grinding, put the grounds in a plastic zip lock bag and proceeded to pick up the bag from the bottom.  Coffee grounds everywhere.  I salvaged the ones on the counter, but opted not to sift through the dog hair and crumbs for the ones on the floor.
     On an up note the coffee is very good.
     I loaded the dishwasher tonight, put in the soap, pushed the button and half an hour later wondered why it was so quiet.  Seems you have to actually close the door for the machine to run.
     On an up note, I did not have any dishes to do.
     Went to a local fast food place today and a young man with two toddlers saw me and said, very clearly, "Hi Terry."  I said hello back then hid on the other side of the restaurant because i could not remember his name, or where I knew him from.  But he was very familiar.  When I got home I told Jackie and she said..."Two kids?  About 4 and 2?  Was it Paul, our neighbor?"  Had to be.  Now I am embarrassed because it seemed like I was ignoring him.
     On an up note, Bailey's Irish Cream goes well in a Shamrock Shake!  And I didn't even get food at MdDonald's, just a shake, a smoothie, and a burger for Corki.  Wait.  That is food.  Never mind.
     Jackie asked for a box of tissue.  I said I would get it when I went to the bathroom and it would be now because I really had to go.  Fifteen minutes later she asked where the tissue was.  Not only did I forget the tissues, I never went to the bathroom!  And I really had to go!
     On an up note... oh hell, there is no up note.  I darn near had an accident because I forgot I had to go to the bathroom.
     Getting old is a trip.
     On an up note, the distance gets shorter every day.
Peace and Love

     PS....Jackie is doing much better today.......wound looks better, antibiotics finally are kicking in for the infection,.......hoping progress continues.  Thank you for all your kind thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment