Tuesday, March 24, 2020

day 9

I ventured out today

     I went to a local butcher and picked up some meat.  I called ahead and went in, picked up the order ,and left.  There was no one else but me.  When I got in the car I sanitized my hands.  When I got home I sanitized my hands, then washed them.  Talk about being paranoid!
     You know I am cheap.  I am also a bit careless when it comes to food.
     I bought Jackie some of those cinnamon apple straws.  I think they are a good snack food for people watching their weight....which we are not.
     I had a hankering for something different tasting, so I took them down and opened them.
     Now....I don't remember when I bought them, but it was not recently.  They smelled a little odd, but I figured that was just the snack.  Then I popped a couple in my mouth.......eeeeewwwwww!  Gross.
     I flipped over the package and read the expiration date:  Best if used by September 2018.
     I tossed the bag.   Six hours later I still had the taste in my mouth.
     Was listening to NPR radio coverage and the reporter was talking about an economic slowdown and the shutdown to contain the virus.  He was talking really fast, and very excited about the topic.  At one point he got tongue tied and called it a slutdown!   And economic slutdown ......slowdown + shutdown = slutdown.  I could go with that.
     Corki and I went for our first walk of the spring.  She is smarter that I figured.  When we go in the car and she runs around the cars trying to figure out which one I am taking.  But today she walked right to the garage entry door and waited for me.
     The bad news is she is having trouble getting up on the bed at night.  I told her she needs to wait for me to pick her up and take her down.
     Hope she listens.
Peace and Love


     Not much progress today!

No comments:

Post a Comment