Monday, November 19, 2018

uh ha

And people think I'm crazy

     Fear is based in reality.  If something isn't real, you should not be scared by it, right?
     But I don't like scary movies because....well, they scare me.
     Nothing real.... but mentally I get freaked out.  I know they are not true, yet....
     Same with tall bridges and buildings.  I always feel I am going to be the one to cause it to break.
     So I felt a little justified in my fears after an elevator at the John Hancock building fell 84 floors last week.  84 floors!  People got on at the top and a cable snapped and the six people in the car plummeted toward the earth, only to be stopped somewhere near the 11th floor.
     They remained trapped there for several hours until rescue workers could find them.  This was an express elevator, with doors at the top and bottom....so there was no way to open a door and see where the car was.
     Thankfully, and amazingly, no one was seriously injured, although I imagine there were several people in need of underwear after the fall.
     Today I was in a semi sleep state when I heard a noise.  Jackie was in the living room and asked me what it was.  I had no idea.
     At 8:30 when I went to turn down the bed, I found the noise.  Our new bedroom lamp had shattered!  There were bits of glass all over the place.  And it was not the bulb, but part of the base.  No one near it, no one touching it, it was not even on.  Yet shattered.
     I am still working on my cold.  Thanks to everyone who gives advice and/or wishes for a fast recovery.
     I am a baby, I admit it.  I do not like coughing and sneezing.
     I am having another toddy......whiskey, water, honey..... and this one is a little stronger than the one last night.  I actually slept until about 2, then was up and moved to my chair, where I slept until 9:30.  The chair is better because I can be upright, which makes for easier breathing.
     But there's a lady who likes to snuggle against my feet at night and I think she misses me when I go to the chair.  Jackie does not even know I am gone.
     Sleep tight.  Don't let the bed bugs burp.




No comments:

Post a Comment