Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Holy crap

I realized something tonight, actually just now

My first td in ten was Jan. 1, 2014.
That means at the end of this year, I will have written something almost daily for five years.
Five years.
During that time:

Emily and John got married.
Emily's house was destroyed by a tornado.
I got an I Phone.
We got a dog.
Jackie got a BMW.
I turned 70.   70?  How could that have happened??
I marked 10 years as a zoo volunteer.
We've been to New England, the Baseball Hall of Fame,  visited my cousin in New York, gone to visit Julia a couple of times.
We went to Las Vegas and I lost $20 playing roulette.   Turns out 13 is not a lucky number.
I went to Christmas markets in France.
I went on a bike trip through the Netherlands with friends.
I've told countless embarrassing stories about me and many boring stories about life.
We've gone through 3 living room couches.
We've seen friends move to the east and family to the  west,
I was on the television, but Jackie told me to get off it before I broke it.
I got hearing aids.
This is sort of like the Trump presidency in a way; I never thought it would last!

Life passes quickly, doesn't it?
In a blink of an eye, you are a young man or woman, then flash......you are old.
I wish I had all those hours I frittered away when I was younger in a time bank that I could draw on now.  Or even the ones that I fritter away now.  And is fritter the right word?
Enjoy your days my friends.  Make every one of them count and relish the loved ones around you.
Sincerely,
Your Melancholy Baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment