Saturday, November 3, 2018

seasons

The holiday seasons are upon us

     Thanksgiving.  Christmas.  New Year's Day. 
     All are coming super fast.
     I put Halloween decorations away today and put out Thanksgiving ones.  Jackie pointed, I placed.  Sometimes twice.
     And we went through some boxes and jettisoned some items.  It is hard doing that. 
     We finished off the day by playing cards with some long times friends whom we have not seen in a couple of months!  Busy schedules, we all have them.
     I have set the clocks back.  At least the ones I remember how to set.  The little clocks in the bathroom and on the desk will take weeks to set because I just don't remember how to do it, and even to do it.
     The weather is reminding me that summer is over.  I guess I will be hanging my bike soon and firing up the snow blower. 
     There were so many things I wanted to do over the summer..... and now fall is almost over.
     When I was a kid it took forever to get this far into the year.  Now, it seems like a blink and it's almost the end of the year.
     I guess that's how life goes.  Quickly. 
     Hopefully I will get to sleep....the time change bothers my sleep patterns for days.
     I just realized I never got the mail today.....so I will have to make a trip out in the cold, rain, and biting wind to pick up all the adverts that will be in the mailbox.
     I could wait, but what if there is something important and it blows away?
     Always an anxiety.
     Sleep warmly,.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment