Monday, November 26, 2018

s'no fun

I blew my driveway today

     I delayed it as long as I could, but at 10:30 I went out to clear it.
When I came in, it was 1:15. 
     Surprisingly, I was not cold, although my cough does not seem to be better at all.  I dressed warmly.
     I did not have to use a shovel except by the front door.  Everything else was taken care of by my snow blower. 
     I think it's time to reevaluate my ways.  We have a cleaning person every other week, because I have a lot to do.  Julia and my brother Carl and I believe Emily all suggested I find someone to plow the driveway in the future.
     So next year I will look for someone to plow the driveway.  It would take them 10 minutes and they would do a better job.
     It's not that I don't like doing it...... but I do have to make some concessions for age.
     Blowing was a bit of a problem today.  The snow was so wet, it stuck on the blades and no snow would be sucked up.  So I had to use a scraper every couple of passes to make sure the blades were clear.
     Notice I said scraper because you never, ever put your hand into a snow blower.  They have a tendency to chomp off digits if you do.
     I'm done for the day.  I just finished a little toddy and am headed for sleepland, eventually.
    Pleasant dreams....watch out for sugar plums fairies, whatever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment