Thursday, September 20, 2018

sleepless not in Seattle

I had a bad night of sleep

     We have a cuckoo clock that chimes every hour and every half hour.  I heard it sometimes, and sometimes I didn't, so maybe  I did sleep a little.
     But I just lay in bed thinking and trying to get to sleep.
     What did I do?
     Deep cleansing breaths, let out slowly.  No good.
     TV show episodes I thought were funny.  WKRP and the turkey drop; Fawlty telling everyone not to mention the war and then goosestepping through the dining room; Jim Ignatowski taking his driver's test on Taxi and asking what a yellow light means; any Tim Conway - Harvey Kormann skit on the Carol Burnett show; Fish on Barney Miller after he eats marijuana infused brownies; Larry, Darryl and Darryl; a drunken Bob Newhart ordering mo goo gai pan; Frazier talking about a parking lot problem after Roz tries to explain she was not sleeping with her boss;  Mary reporting on Chuckles the clown's death; Ed Ames and the tomahawk throw on the Johnny Carson show; Sheldon accepting an award and mooning the audience; nothing helped.
     It caused me to consider why I didn't have favorite funny episodes of other shows.....or maybe that I had just forgotten them.
     Then I moved on to movies.
     Places I visited.
     Beatles songs.
     I pondered why hurricanes are so wet.
     Nothing helped.  All that brain activity may have made it worse!
     I tried picturing sitting at Charley's in Vevey, watching the lake and the mountains and enjoying the delightful Swiss atmosphere......nothing.
     I had to be at the zoo at 10....which means leaving at 8.....and at 4 I don't know if I had slept or not.
     Was it the coffee?  Or the shots?  Or the pizza for supper?  I do not know.
     I can tell you I am terribly tired tonight.
     At least I don't have to get up early....so no phone calls before 10!!!
     Just one more task before I drift off........so, good night.


No comments:

Post a Comment