Sunday, July 1, 2018

climb every hilltop

I had a great day today!!

     I got to sled (slide?) down a mountain side.
     And I got to eat a great lunch.
     And I waded with the cows. (Ankle deep, for 5 seconds,  but I am counting it!)
    And I had fun with my daughter, family, and friends.
     And I rode a gondola.
     And I got to see lots of mountains!
    A bunch of us, including Julia, my nephew and his family, and some of Julia's friends (Matt, Selin, Stuart) went to Kandersteg today, and hiked to the Oeschiniensee. a small but beautiful lake.   Well, some of us hiked.  There was also an electric bus, but that's another story.
     We went to a restaurant where Julia made reservations for 10 people at 1 p.m.  There are two restaurants.  We went to the upper one and asked about reservations.  The lady said she would check and came out and said yes, we had reservations under Dickow and to sit at this big table.
     After about 15 minutes, we discovered we were at the wrong restaurant.  Julia and 6 other people were sitting at the other restaurant, waiting for us.   But, no big deal.
     We walked down to the lake after lunch and were greeted by cows.  Cows.  Right there on the beach. It was pretty cool.  They did not seem to notice us.
     This is all up high, so I rode up in a gondola......but I could have walked it in an estimated 1 hour 15 minutes, or in my time, two days and 4 electric shocks to restart my heart.
     But the big adventure, for me, was to ride the sled down the mountain.
     I went twice.  The first time, I was heavy on the brake and when I pushed down to go fast, the little sled did not respond.  The second time I went much faster.
     I would have gone again, but sitting on the sled made my hips hurt a lot.
     I also posted a video of the new opening scene for The Sound of Music on Facebook.  I think it is quite good.
     Now for some pictures.
     Maybe the snow will cool you down, mentally at least.



From the gondola

He'll be coming down the mountain....

when he comes.....


rounding the last bend



We stopped to look at this beautiful scene on our drive to Kandersteg.


Going up in the gondola

What do you see in these rocks???

On the walk to the lake



At the lake....waterfalls on the far end

It's a cow!

Beach area...watch your step!

The lake

Grazing on the beach







No comments:

Post a Comment