Sunday, July 29, 2018

all in a day's work

I took a day off today

     No yard work, just a little house picking up and a couple of loads of laundry.
     I did cook some salmon on the grill and sat outside enjoying a Rosé.  (By the way, after several years I finally looked to see how to make a diacritical mark.   Now I know.  Impressed??)
     I have to sit outside because someone can't stand the smell of fish.... so I cook it and eat it outside.
     It's not bad in the summer, but it is brutal in January.
     Anyway, I did a couple of puzzles in my crossword puzzle book.  When I did the Sunday Tribune puzzle, I would spend a couple of days working out the answers.
     These puzzles take about 15 minutes.
     I notice some words get used often:  ante, alee, ate, for example.
     But apykootz never gets used, despite the fact I have used it numerous times to complete a puzzle.  Funny, but apykootz is not in any dictionaries, so it must be a relatively new word.
     And I watched the Cubs beat the Cards. 
     Which meant it was a pretty good day.
    I hope yours was too, even if you are St. Louis fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment