Sunday, July 8, 2018

yes, I am serious

I suggested a road trip today

     I said why not take a drive up to Door County?  Or Traverse City in Michigan?
     Why, was the correct response.
     Fresh cherries!!  It's cherry season!!  One of the best reasons to live in the Midwest.
     My suggestion was met with a no.  Evidently driving 6 hours, spending the night in a hotel, boarding the dog, and buying cherries that will be consumed on the six hour drive home is a bad suggestion.
     Humph,
     I did not even bring up the idea of a drive to southern Illinois, Alto Pass, actually, just to buy peaches.  I figured that would be nixed also.
     So.....anyone who reads this....if you are going to Michigan or Wisconsin, I would like some cherries.
     If you are going to southern parts of Illinois, I would like some peaches.
     This is the beginning of my annual visiting farmers' markets and asking where the cherries and peaches come from. 
     Call me crazy, but they just taste better.
     At least I will be able to cash in on sweet corn....Brenda will be selling in about a week.  Can't wait.
     I might even buy a watermelon to complete the summer food fest.
    And maybe a glass of a nice, French rose..........but I know I can't go buy that!
    Summer....a season of tastes.
    And I don't want to miss a bite!


No comments:

Post a Comment