Thursday, July 19, 2018

an ode...

I feel poetic tonight

they say it may rain tomorrow
and wash out the Cards and the Cubs
and I shall be filled with sorrow
if there is no game on the morrow

the train I will take from Elburn
and not have to drive my car
a very big lesson I did learn
all that traffic is a grave concern

my wife thinks I am a schizo
and maybe I'm off my rocker
but I gotta go cheer my man Rizzo
whose bat is beginning to sizzle

gong to a game is always a lark
especially when it's at Wrigley
I just love sitting outside in the park
at the corner of Addison and Clark

I'll climb all the way to the top
where the view can be great
and have a beef, or a dog, and a pop
then I'll make a brief pit stop

but that may all come to no avail
if we get storms like they say we may
with wind, and rain and hail
the game I may be forced to bail

For now I need to sleep
and maybe dream  of the Cubs
where Riz, and KB and Biaz go deep
and no more will we fans have to weep


Geez.....that is tacky.












No comments:

Post a Comment