Tuesday, April 3, 2018

think I'll make supper

We save recipes

     We don't make them, we save them.
     Jackie was looking for a recipe tonight and I had to pull down all the ones we have saved.
     I found recipes from 2006 that we saved, but have not yet made.  I tossed them.
     We have several chicken Parmesan recipes....tossed them.
     On the other hand, I found the bruschetta recipe I always have to ask Kathy for and the fondue recipe Julia has to send me at least three times a year.
     We had recipes for an appetizer that we would never, ever make.  But we have kept it, just in case.  Well, I tossed it.
     The irritating thing is I saved a recipe from a magazine and now I want to make it and I can't find it. 
     Basically all recipes are the same.  Cook the meat/vegetable/whatever, put a seasoning on it, serve it.
     And with the Internet, do we need recipes at all?  Just Google chicken Parmesan and you get lots of recipes to pick from.
     But we do have our favorites.  Maybe one uses Italian bread crumbs, and another doesn't, one uses two cloves of garlic and another uses one.  It's a taste preference.
     And not that I think about it, chicken Parmesan sounds like a good dish for tomorrow night.
     I'll have to look for a recipe though.  I think I threw them all away.

No comments:

Post a Comment