Tuesday, April 17, 2018

How do they do it?

How do baseball players play in this weather

     It's cold and damp.  There is a breeze.
     Don't they catch colds and miss time?  Heck, I spent two weeks trying to get over my congestion. coughing and sneezing.  It was hard to sleep at night.  And I don't go outside in wet, cold weather for 5 hours.  Or in the freezing cold, like the Cards and Cubs tonight at Wrigley.  I am cold watching them.
     This has been a weird spring.
     Tomorrow's forecast seems to indicate a snowfall of anywhere from one tenth to three inches.  At least we are not far north in the area where they got 2 feet of snow.....that would be a real spring downer.
     So....what do I do about my strawberries?  Should I go out tomorrow and recover them with the straw I took off last week?  Or just chance it and let nature take its course.  The plants survive in the wild, so they should have a chance, right?
     Oh well, life goes on.
     Sleep well, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment