Thursday, April 19, 2018

grrrrrr

I am never listening to my wife again

     She had a doctor's appointment in DeKalb today and said, as innocently as possible, "Bring the license renewal form with you and do that while I am at the doctor."
     But DeKalb is always so busy, I whined.  "They have a line just for stickers.  It will be fast."
     Being the compliant person I am, I went.
     I left her at 3:15 and drove to the SOS office and stepped in.
     I was the ninth in line.  At 3:35, I was still ninth in line, but at least I was not at the end anymore.  At 3:45 I was still ninth in line.
     I don't know what the two people at the counter had to do, it may have involved changing identities and establishing new identities prior to disappearing forever.
     Did I mention it took a long time?
     Finally, one of the people was done and they were able to take the next person in line.
     45 minutes later, 45! I left the SOS with the new sticker.
     Do you know why she had me go to the SOS office instead of the bank?  Because they charge at the bank!
     Then tonight when I was taking her home from the library meeting, I left the chair to help her into the car. 
     The damn wheelchair rolled out of the parking lot, across the alley, and was headed to the next street before I finally caught it.
     At least the Cubs won, so the day was not a total loss.
     But I did get a letter from the Tribune telling me they will no longer be delivering in Rochelle.  Double Damn!
     And if you ever go to Amboy, right across the street from the depot is a bar.    On the wall next to a window is a sign marking the spot where Carson, Pierre, Scott & Company started.  I used to have a picture of it, but can't seem to find it.
      I wonder if it is being draped in black today.
     Peace and avoid the DeKalb SOS if possible.




1 comment:

  1. That was Halarious Brother Dickow the Dam WheelChair rolled out of the parking lot ,among with the other stuff you wrote Bro thats Crazy!!LoL!! have a GoOd Day Brother Dickow!!

    ReplyDelete