Thursday, August 29, 2024

still puzzled

 I am still puzzled about things in life


    I borrowed a book from Hoopla sitting at my computer and it is already downloaded on my e-reader.  I just don't know how that all works.  If you don't know, Hoopla is a free on line service available through most local libraries.  It gives borrowers access to thousands of books movies, music and who knows what else.  It is a pretty cool service.

    I had a call from a Comcast rep today.  He wanted to know how the internet was working.  I told him it was fine, nothing dropped.  I also told him the tech that was here and solved the problem was a wonderful person.  Then I said we never got a survey after he left!  The one person who fixed it and no survey.

    The rep said not getting a survey was unusual but he would make a note of my comments and send them on up, whatever that means.

    Here's another puzzler.

    When I pulled in the garage the other day, PCA of the Cubs had just homered.

    I walked into the house and said to Jackie, "Looks like he has figured it out."

    But on the TV, PCA was still batting!

    Jackie's brother Bob down in Florida is also ahead of our TV.  He will say great play, and then it happens.

    This is not new.

    When I listed to games on the radio in the den and there is an outstanding play, or home run, I get up and go into the great room and can see the play.

    Do others have this issue?  

    I wonder if the same happens with football games.

    Another puzzler.

    When you know the rules, why do you choose to ignore them anyway just to suit your own purpose?

    One more:

    Why didn't I check the lid on the container of mixed nuts before I dropped them on the floor?

    Normally I would just wash the food off, but how do you wash 100s of nuts?  So I tossed them.  Sadly.

    I got my cooling blanket today.  I have washed it and am now air drying it with the hope of using it tonight.  When does fall start?

    And a personal note to Nadine:  No one called me from Amboy.  I didn't win the $100,000 +.  Did you?

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment