Sunday, August 4, 2024

ding dong

What can I say? 


    Still can't hear most sounds.

    But, I hear sounds.  Inside my head.  No, not voices telling me to do something, but noises.

    Like this morning.  I heard Swiss cow bells!  They were clanging in my right ear, the one that can't hear.  It was a peaceful sound.

    Ever since this has started I have gone t through phases of noises.

    Notice when you are watching a show set in a hospital there is always the beep beep beep of a monitor going off?

    I counted the times I heard that  my head.  Every 10- 20 seconds.  For days.  

    Yes, I could ignore it, but it would always come back.

    At another point I had a series of tones, like beep beep bong dong peep.  It was actually a nice little melody.... but not for as long as I heard it.

    I do have ringing in my ears.  That is a constant. 

    Before this started I used a noise machine and set it on the fan mode.  It sounded like an oscillating fan.  But I still hear the noise and I don't use the machine.

    Tonight I am hearing tinkling water.  That's the last thing a 76 year old wants to hear at bedtime.

    Thunder?  Yup, it's there.  

    Metal flapping in the breeze?  Ditto.

    Low drone?  Check it off.

    I slept a lot today.  I had to, because I was pretty dizzy most of the day.  My headache seems to have disappeared, but may be rebounding, I am not sure.

    I did have a good 1 hour window which allowed Jackie and me to chop up Curt's zucchini.  And folks, I do mean zucchini.  Nothing else.  We put up 5 - 2 cup bags of it.  When we make zucchini bread we use 2 cups, so we are all set to make 5 loaves.  Someday.

    Julia took care of Jackie's supper tonight and I think got her lunch while I was asleep.  To be honest, I don't remember.

    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.  I sure am getting tired of this.

    Sadly, there are people I know going through a lot worse than what I am.  Cancers, brain tumors, MS, Parkinson's....... and yet I am doing the moaning.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment