Sunday, August 11, 2024

oh my

 Some days just suck


    This morning we got word that a classmate of Emily's had lost his battle with cancer.  He was such a nice person.  I don't think Todd had a mean bone in his body, a trait we desperately need in our world today.

    Then this afternoon my cousin contacted me and said his son had passed away.  Bob is devastated, and so am I because Jimmy was such a neat person.

    Sometimes life just is not fair.  We see it all the time in children with cancer, or a child with a disability, or an adult suffering with cancer or an abuse issue.

    There seems to be no rhyme or reason. Good people get sick.  Bad people stay healthy.  It should be the other way around.

    Sorry for being a downer.

    I did watch the women's basketball game this morning.  That was an incredible finish!  If the French player was 1 step back, the game would have been tied at the buzzer.  

    I also watched most of the closing ceremony.

    To see the joy and relief on the faces of these athletes, well, it gives me chills.

    I can't imagine spending 4 or 8 or 12 years of my life training for one shot at the gold.  The pressure has to be tremendous.

    I love watching the faces, the proud showing of the medals, the dancing, the joy these athletes show.  Even the non medal winners have at this point realized the amazing deeds they have accomplished in just getting to the games.

    Imagine.... over 2 weeks of nations competing, side by side, without violence, without hatred, without war.

    If only we could have that in real life.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment