Monday, August 12, 2024

holy criminey Pete

This was quite the strange day 


    I did not get up until 10:30, but I had an excuse.

    Last night I pulled my porch recliner out onto the sidewalk and sat outside to watch for meteors.

    After all, this is the Persied Meteor shower period and you can expect t to see 40 or more per hour!

    So there I am, with 2 blankets covering me, laying on my. back, watching the sky when suddenly a meteor soars past right above me.

    Cool I thought.....40 or more per hour.. here I am 15 minutes into it and I have seen one.

    After 90 minutes, I had a total of 3.

    What the hell.

    So, I did not get to bed until a little after  1,  Normally I have a potty call at some ungodly hour, so I figured I would go out again.

    Never happened.  Slept the whole night until around 5, which is actually only 4 hours.

    I had a couple of errands to run today.  Saw a friend pull into their driveway and pulled in right after her to visit.

    Stopped at MK and S's to wish their son good luck.

    Went to Walmart and was disappointed 4 of the items on my list were not on the shelf.

    Started home and while I was on Flagg Road by the high school I saw a huge column of black smoke to the south.

    Being of a curious nature, I went around and saw a house on fire!  I don't believe there were any fire fighters on the scene yet, and the smoke was thick and black.

    I parked in front of a friend's house and rang their bell, because now I could hear the fire trucks.

    When they answered, I I told them a house on the next street was ablaze.

    But the main reason I stopped  was not the fire, just to say hello and to tell them how sorry I was about a recent death in the family.

    It was a big fire too.

    I just hope everyone got out safely.

    Not as dizzy as I have been.  Still a little unsteady when I walk.  Still can't hear.

    And today we dealt with dropped internet several times.

    That is more frustrating than anything.  Someone has to be able to figure this out.

Peace and Love


No comments:

Post a Comment