Friday, August 23, 2024

enigmas

 I seem to be an enigma


    I went back for a hearing test today.

    Seems I have lost more hearing in my right ear.

    But the cause is still unknown.  No fluid, no wax, no obvious signs of infection.

    So I asked, has this been seen in other patients that you have had.

    The answer was yes.

    My next question was:  Based on your experiences, will my hearing come back?

    The answer is:  In some cases yes, in some cases no.

    I will be calling for an MRI on Monday.  They said insurance will probably quickly approve this because it was a sudden hearing loss.

    The MRI will tell them one of 2 things:  I have nothing in my head.  Or I have something in my head.

    I guess that is a bridge that will be crossed at some point.

    Aside from that, I feel pretty good.  The dizziness is mostly gone.  I did have an issue today, but I popped a meclazine and that seemed to help.

    On the way home I took Jackie out to see Julia's house.  Jack can't get out of the car, but she could see most of the house from the driveway.

    My understanding is trusses come toward the end of next week and they will be put in place after Labor Day.

    Back to my hearing, or lack of it, I hear in mono.  So when music is on, I. only hear part of it.  Sometimes I do not recognize the song because I can hear the bass line only.  That is a little frustrating, especially when I listen to the Beatles or Buffett.

    A little positive twist, I was told that my hearing aids can be adjusted and possibly will give me some partial hearing.   

    Until the MRI results are in, there is not much to be done.

    Which is the frustrating and scary part.

Peace and Love




No comments:

Post a Comment