Friday, August 2, 2024

memories

Tonight was a night of good memories 


    But it was not what I thought it was!

    Years ago we saw the musical Margaritaville in downtown Chicago.

    Well, tonight at the Egyptian in DeKalb had Margaritaville.  I. thought it was the musical, but it wasn't.

    It was a Jimmy Buffett tribute band.

    Which was fine, but not what I expected.

    Emily and I went.  When we walked in and saw the set, I said it looked way different than what we saw in Chicago.  Then I wondered if they still had the zombies in the play.

    Now Emily was confused!

    Anyway, we had a pretty good time.

    I could hear most of the music, some of the commentary, and not a lot of crowd noise.  Luckily, I knew the words to most of the songs.

    And it was for sure an older group.  Not positive, but I think a few had never been to a Buffett show.  The beach balls and fins up seemed to be a "should we?"

    Four members of the group.  Only one sang.

    Some of the best times I have had at Jimmy's concerts.  Hanging with my friends, TC, CJ, CJ, BH, SK, CH, SK, SK and many more I can't remember.

    Going to Alpine Valley, boating on the lake, tailgating, getting home at 2 a.m., jello shots, great cheeseburgers,, rain, mud........a lot of fun times.

    Of course, Jimmy is gone.  Strange, I miss him a lot because he brought together so many people.  And created so much fun.  And good memories.

    Bubbles up, my friends.

Peace and Love








No comments:

Post a Comment