Thursday, August 22, 2024

just a trim

 I mowed the yard today


    That may have been a mistake.

    When I was done, I was a bit wobbly.

    Before you pass judgement, I thought I could do it.

    I have a young high school student who has mowed my yard and the field in the past.  He is mowing the field this weekend.  But I thought I could handle the yard.  

    Wrong lawnmower man!

    I recently converted my mower from a mulching to a side discharge.  When the grass gets too long, as it often does, the mulcher is terrible.

    I mowed today and it was too long.  I have windrows in some areas.  One of my neighbors has a tow behind sweeper, and I think that will be my next buy.

    Something else I am going to do is go back to a lawn service.  I have so many weeds.  I honestly thought if I got on my golf cart and rode the yard with a weed killer in a sprayer I could keep up with it.

    The problem is I have to do it.  I bought the weed killer a month ago, before the health issue kicked in.  It has been in the garage since then and the weeds have gone crazy.

    Anyway, got off the mower and felt a little nauseated and dizzy.  I also discovered that when I mow between my raised gardens, I have to lift the plastic guard over the mower blades.  Then the grass hits the raised beds an covers me with green.  So I had to shower.

    After about 15 minutes I was ok.   Still can't hear, but that's on tomorrow's  plan.

    Tonight I made BLTs using tortilla shells and fresh tomatoes from the garden.  I thought they were great!  I think we are going to have stuffed green peppers pretty soon, using peppers from the garden.

    My second crop of beans is looking good and I have cucumbers out the wazoo......so if you need a couple, stop over this weekend.

    I'll even let you spray for weeds.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment