Thursday, June 27, 2024

wait...what?

 I think I lost today


    We got up by 9, but I had a. terrible night.

    Explain this to me, please.

    I did not have any tea, coffee or pop yesterday.  Except the tea I have for breakfast.

    I was really tired when I went to bed.  Watching the Cubs lose kind of takes the wind out from my sails.  I have no idea what that means.

    Anyway, went to bed.  I had been working pulling thistle from the native patch, and I was a little itchy.  Took a Benadryl, which has a warning about driving, using heavy machinery, or having access to nuclear codes after taking a dose.

    I went to bed well before 12.  Had my mouse machine on, wore my sleep  mask, got comfy in bed and heard the cuckoo hit 12, 12:30, 1, 1:30, 2....at which point I got up because I thought I was going to be sick.  No. reason, just felt icky.

    I finally went to bed again and was sound asleep.  I think at some point around 3;30, Jackie woke me up for the bathroom, but that might have been the other night.

    Anyway, I have been dragging all day.  Yet I could not take a nap!

    And now, post debate, I am wide awake.  Ready to go do something.

    I even took Beth for a walk down to the end of the  block after supper.  She is worn out, but I am not.

    And yes, I did have a coffee about 3:30 when I went to the store.

    I still have to take the dog out, which may not happen because it is raining a little...not a lot, but a little.  I was reminded of that when I went to put the car into the garage and sat on a wet seat.

    I just hope when I do hit the bed I fall asleep.  And sleep until morning.

    Then I can jump right back on that uncompleted list of chores I started working on last Sunday.

    By the way, anyone who wants to come over and dig out some thistles from my native garden is welcome to do so.

    Tomorrow I will deal with Comcast and see if it is my modem that is the issue.  We tried resetting it, but it has not helped.

    That should take a few hours.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment