Thursday, May 30, 2024

Sorry for the noise

 I dug out my burdock tonight

    I started with one shovel.  Then another.  And another.

    I found someone with a backhoe.

    Finally, I took 36 sticks of TNT and lit it, causing a cosmic boom and flinging the burdock 50 feet in the air, raining down green, slimey juice on the 478 bystanders that paid $5 to watch.

    You are right...I am exaggerating.  I only used 35 sticks.

    Holy crap!  That was one hard plant to dig out!

    I just hope the root I got was all of the root, otherwise the sucker will come back.  I think that is what happened last year.

    The good dentist said as soon as my insurance tells him what is covered, we can schedule my extraction.  Tooth extraction, to be clear.

    I told him I wanted gas, and plenty of it.

    He said no problem.

    But, and there are always big butts, there are  2 issues.I  have to deal with.  I can't eat or drink anything for 6 hours prior to the procedure.   6 hours!!!  I don't know if I can do that and not pass out from hunger.

    The second thing is I can't do any lifting for 1 day.

    I lift Jackie out of bed, onto the toilet, off the toilet, onto the shower, bench, off the bench....you can see the problem.

    Julia and Emily can do part of that, but Julia and Emily both work and there is no guarantee they will be free when the lifting needs to be done.

    So we will have to hire a caretaker to take care of her while I take care of me.

    We can't do that until a surgery date is scheduled.

    I will have to eat soft food for a while and avoid hot beverages until my mouth is back to normal.

    I went up to Rockford tonight to meet Emily at Johanna's place.  We loaded dog crates into both vans and brought them to Emily's.

    Johanna stored crates for the rescues and if there are not at least 20 crates then call me Mr. Math.  Those things are not exactly light either.  At least some of them are not.

    They are looking for someone with a pickup or trailer that can help Camryn take her bed and dresser back to Sycamore.  If that fits your job description, please let me know.

    That's it for me today, in more ways than one.

Peace and Love



No comments:

Post a Comment