Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Huh

 Oh no, another ramble about nothing


    I got an e mail from cousin Bob in New York.  He sent some funnies along, and I am going to copy a couple of them.

    My daughter went to a Mexican fast food and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for minimal lettuce. He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.


    That. reminds me of a time I stopped at a sandwich shop.  The guy behind the counter asked if I wanted pickles, and I said I did not eat cucumbers.  He told me they were not cucumbers, they were pickles.  I still passed, but hoped one day he realized pickles were just cucumbers in vinegar.  And if asked today, I would take the pickles because I do like cucumbers, sort of.


    My husband and I went through the McDonald's drive thru window and I gave the cashier a $5 bill. Our total was $4.25, so I also handed her 25c.

She said, 'You gave me too much money.'

I said, 'Yes I know, but this way you can just give me a dollar back.'

She sighed and went to get the manager who asked me to repeat my request.

I did so, and he handed me back the 25 cents, and said 'We're sorry but we don't do that kind of thing.'

The cashier then proceeded to give me back 75 cents in change.


    Again, as crazy as that sounds I did the same thing!  My bill was like $4.25, and I gave them a $5 and a quarter.  The person ended up giving me 75 cents back along with the quarter, saying it was only $4.25, not $5.25.

    We have all heard similar stories, people who want their pizza cut into 6 slices because they could not eat 8, or who think 1/4 is bigger than 1/3 because 4 is bigger than 3.  

    Anyway, I was looking for paper hat prices (don't ask) at about 4:30 when my eyes got very heavy.  I moved to my chair and fell asleep.  Now I hope I can sleep tonight after my 1 hour afternoon nap.

    But darn it, it felt good.

    Tomorrow:  Chore Day!!!

Peace and Love





No comments:

Post a Comment