Thursday, January 18, 2024

Getting close

 I have almost got the den cleaned


    This was my project started about 6 weeks ago!

    The problem is paper.  I can' deal with paper.  I don't know what to do with it.

    Little bits of paper with notes, likeFury and Glory.  What does that mean?

    I have lineups I predicted for the 2023 Cubs.  It is now 2024, why should I keep the line ups?

    I have papers that keep track of all the Cub trades over the last two years....who they got rid of and who they got.  I can get that info online anytime I want it, so why save it?  And why would I want it in the first place?

    Yet I put it in a pile

(In case you are wondering, Peter Crow Armstrong was not the starting center fielder last year, but he will be this year.  He came to the cubs in the Baez trade with the Mets.  and Caleb Kilian may be in line for a starting role this year or next.  He came in part for Bryant)

    Membership forms for Morton Arboretum and Brookfield Zoo.  Notes from investment companies.  Beatles lyrics.  A picture of 3 boys, in front of the Prudential Building in Chicago.  I am not one of the boys. And when I look at the picture, it may be only 1 boy and a statue of 2 boys.  

    Yet I keep it.

    I blame my mother.

    After she died, I ended up with a lot of stuff, including pictures.  One of the pictures was of a man standing in front of her house and on the back she had written, "Who the hell is this?"

    I swear.  She did not know who he was, but could not throw out the picture!  See where I get it from?

    I have pictures of a bridge.  Rolls of film I found in my mom's stuff.  3 rolls of 126 film.  I thought I had discovered thidden family pictures that no-one got developed.  After 40 or 50 years I get the pictures developed at a cost of over $50.  What are. they?  Pictures of a bridge.   3 freakin rolls of a picture of the same bridge.

    I still have them.  

    Luckily, they are in a drawer.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment