Saturday, January 6, 2024

Cannibals

 I love feeding birds in the winter


    Granted, I don't get a wide variety.  Sparrows, finches, slate colored juncos.....those seem to be the predominant birds.  I don't see cardinals or even blue jays, I think because of the lack of big trees near the feeders.

    Today we had a visitor.

    But it was not nice.

    In fact, he ate one of my birds!!!

    Look!!!








    It wasn't the large hawk that normally hangs around. I have not checked the bird book yet, and even when I do I am lousy at recognizing things.  I can never find Waldo, for instance.

    Any way, one of the birds I feed won't be back.  Although a lot of the feathers are still there.

    They say it's a dog eat dog world, but it is also a bird eats bird world.

    Thanks to Sheri for helping take down the Dickens Village.  We worked for about an hour, then. sat and had some wine and yakked about a lot of things.  I did not talk smack about the Packers-Bears tomorrow, because too many times that has come back to haunt me.

    Jackie and I feel pretty good, but I did take a nap today.

    Emily and Julia are in sunny Florida and Emily sent a picture of an alligator they saw.  It was far away, which is good.

    I wonder if they will watch the game tomorrow.  Bobby is a big Packers fan,  and I know he will tune in.  I just hope. the girls go easy on him after the Bears win 72-3!

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment