Monday, December 4, 2023

Plans shamans

 Today was an "unusual" day


    I did get multiple items checked off my list, but I do have a BIG problem.

    Jackie's recliner is reclined.  Like the old lady years ago, it's fallen and it can't get up.

    We tried a new controller, but it does not raise.  I wish it was like Lazarus. (That will be the only Biblical reference in my entire history of writing this blog.)

    The problem becomes is it  fixable?  If not, how much will a new chair cost?  What do I do with Jackie in the mean time?

    Tonight she is sitting in a wing chair but she is not comfortable.  Nor is she comfortable in her wheelchair.  And she can't lie in bed all day.  I could, but she can't.

    Like I said, tis a problem

    I got Emily's dog yard picked up and her garbage and recycling out for tomorrow.

    I put up most of the garland and Julia put up the newly purchased red bows.

    I have to do dishes then cut up the mountain of cardboard in my garage for the recycling guys.

    The. township was out spraying the roads today.  They put a beet juice mixture on it to make it easier to plow or to prevent ice build up.  I am not sure which.

    I wonder if that is a sign of weather later tonight?

    Finally, stopped at a Starbucks in Rockford today.  Placed my order, sat to wait.  The girl called out "Erry, so I got up and picked up a cup that wasn't mine.  It said Jerry.  I put it down while Jerry came over to claim sit.

    A few minutes later she called out "Erry" again and once again I got up to claim it, only to have Jerry beat me to it. "That's mine too," he said.

    So I sat again.  The barista said she was working on mine and finally said Terry....and added "the third time is the charm."

    Meanwhile, a woman passed in front of me and said hello.  She looked familiar.  

    After she heard my name she said, "Terry, I thought that twas you.!"  It was Erica, who is part of the Hicks' barbecue business.  We had a nice couple of minutes of catching up.

    I still have the problem of seeing people out of context and not knowing them.

    Always have, always will.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment