Wednesday, December 6, 2023

action!

 We went to a play tonight


    Our friend Sam was in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at Stagecoach Players in DeKalb.

    So we all went...Jackie, Julia, Emily, me..... and Camryn and Johanna were also there for the show.

    I used to love reading that to my class right before Christmas.  I tried Christmas Carol once, but the language was too difficult for them to grasp.

    The Best Christmas Pageant Ever has humor and it explains the true meaning of Christmas.  I wonder if teachers still read aloud to students and if they ever read this book.

    We really enjoyed tonight's show.  

    I always enjoy watching young people act.  Getting an early exposure to the theater is a great thing.

    I directed Sideways Stories from Wayside School years ago and was so impressed by how well the kids did in memorizing lines, saying lines, and developing characters.  I actually had a double cast for that show, with the adults being the same for all shows.  But I had a cast 1 and cast 2 for the different weekends.  It got more kids involved plus it drew more parents.

    Funny thing about Jackie's chair.

    Derek came out today, I told him what was wrong, he picked up the remote.....and the chair worked.  It went up, down, up, down.....no problem.

    He said it may be a loose connection, so he reconnected the remote to the cord.  It al worked fine all day..up, down, up, down.

    Tonight as we were getting ready to go, the chair would not raise!  I checked the connections and they seemed tight, so I called the store again and told them.

    Tonight when we got home from the play, the chair worked!  Nobody touched it for 2 hours, and it worked.

    Go figure.

    We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment