Tuesday, November 21, 2023

oops

 Sometimes I don't do things and get embarrassed


    The phone rang at a little after 8 this morning.  Now, I did not recognize the name and number at first, but I answered it.

    I put on my deep, throaty, voice and said, "Hello?"

    There was a pause, then a familiar voice said, "Uh, Terry?"

    It was my friend Dave.  He owns a lawn care equipment company and was calling to see if I wanted to store my mower with him this winter.

    I said yes, because it frees up some space in the garage.  Yes, it costs, but by the time I get all the chairs and stuff in the garage it is worth it.  I need a lot of space to get Jackie in the car, and it can be hard with the mower.

    Anyway, he said the mower would be picked up between 10 and noon.  So I put it in the driveway.

    I noticed one of the tires had a lot of brown on it.  Now, that could have been mud and dirt because I used it my bird bath project and I hauled dirt in it.  But I also have a dog, and well, it could be shit too.

    I went in the house, took care of Jackie, then filled up 2 - 1 gallon jugs with hot water.  I have all the hoses away, so I opted to take hot water out and attempt to wash off he brown.

    But the mower was already gone.

    I feel bad that the tire was dirty.  I know, mine is not the only mower that may have that problem.  But still.  I should have cleaned off the tire.

    I did clean the light fixture in the dining room.  Another chore off he list!  And I did not add one today.

    My fingers don't work as well as they used to.  The fixture has 3 hooks with rings.  I bet I dropped those suckers a total of 10 times.  I would go up on the ladder and down the ring would go.  After I got it together Jackie said it was upside down, so I took it apart and did it again.  Only it does not go together the other way.  So I took it apart again.  Got it half up and dropped the rings.  It was a frustrating experience.

    Btu it is up.  And clean, except for my handprints.

Peace and Love

    



No comments:

Post a Comment