Friday, November 3, 2023

job almost done

 My jobs list is getting shorter


    To be honest, there is one I don't think I will get to this fall.  I didn't get to it last fall either.

    I have a bird bath in the back yard.  I get tired of trimming around it.  So last fall I bought some cement stones to put around it.  My plan was to let the stones sit there for a while and kill the grass.  Then I would dig out the grass, some dirt, put down some sand, and replace the stones.  

    I hope the grass will not grow between the stones, as it is doing now.

    Every time I think of doing that, I little voice in my head says, "Don't!"  So I don't.  But it. will have to be done, later or sooner, otherwise I wasted money on the stones.

    Anyway, I had a plan to reseed and put a fertilizer on the yard this fall.  I did the reseeding.  I even bought a tow behind spreader to put on the fertilizer.

    Ace had a clearance table with 50 percent of winterizing fertilizer.  There were 2 bags, each covering 15,000 square feet.  I figured I would buy them after I bought the spreader.

    Well, when I went back the bags were already sold.

    I found some all season fertilizer at Rounders and bought that.

    Rounders??  Yes, glad you asked.  They have bought the -place across from Aldi's in Rochelle.  It was Stock and Field then some initials, but is now Rounders.

    They are clearing out the old merchandise and have some great deals.  And the new merchandise looks pretty darn good.  Big pet food section and tool section.  They are still setting up, but if you have a couple of minutes you might want to walk through.

    Today I hooked up the spreader, put the fertilizer in the bin, and started doing the back yard. 

    Now I don't know how big the back yard is, but, either it is bigger than 15,000 square feet or I put it on too heavy.  I do not think I did an area that was 150 x 100, but maybe I did.

    I bought another bag to finish.  This is a general fertilizer you can apply through November.  

    I went for take out tonight and when I drove into the driveway it was covered in fertilizer  granules.

    So there I was, in the dark, working with the car headlights on, raindrops a falling on my head,. blowing 

may driveway and sidewalk.

    I am sure neighbors think I am crazy.

    And I may be.

    Was driving home and listening to the radio and started crying.  Seriously.  Tears running down my cheeks.

    Go figure.

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment