Sunday, November 5, 2023

ha ha ha

 We saw Paula Poundstone last night


    She was at the Egyptian Theater in DeKalb.

    Jackie and I went, and Emily and her friend Chrissy also went.  We did not sit together because we got a handicapped seating area for Jackie.

    Which is sort of neat at the Egyptian.

    Nora, from the box office, called on Friday and asked if we needed a space for a wheelchair of if we needed to transfer to a regular seat.

    I said we need a space for a wheelchair.

    In that case, they actually remove a seat!  Last tine we went they came out with some tools, unscrewed it and moved it.  Last night they had done. that in advance.

    I think she is funny.  Yes, her language is often blue, but she is still funny.

    She talks about life, especially her life, and the oddities of our world.

    Paula interacts with the audience frequently, pointing to people and asking them questions and then going on from their answers.

    At one point she said she had never been to DeKalb before and several people pointed out she was on stage at the Egyptian about 7 years ago.

    I imagine it is hard to keep track of the towns in which she has appeared.  I believe she flew in from New York for this show and was heading to a Carolina afterwards, but I may be mistaken.

    I am glad we went.  It was a fun night.

    I may even tune into her podcast.

    My mission tonight, after wasting the afternoon watching the Bears, is to test the outdoor lights so I can put them out tomorrow.

    It never fails to amaze me how they can work when I put them away but not work when I take them out.

    I think it was Doug who said maybe they get wet and the dampness causes electrical problems, so I let them sit out in the basement for 2 weeks last year before I put them away.

Here's hoping.

Peace and Love






She does feet puppets as part of her act

Plenty of seats....but I love the architecture of the theater











Ok, northern lights were supposed to be visible about 6 p.m. tonight.  I took this picture, and there is a smudge at about one third of the way up on the left.  Northern lights or clouds?  I think clouds.


No comments:

Post a Comment