Tuesday, November 7, 2023

ding, dang double drat

 Well, that certainly was a messy search


    Years ago, well over 13 maybe even 20, we bought some Cutco knives.

    Former student Joe was selling them to earn morey for college.  We bought a set, and as a special 4 steak knives were included.

    It was not cheap.

    But the knives are great.  And when they get dull we can send them in for a free sharpening.  I dread doing that, because I don't need any more cuts.

    At some point we lost a knife.  My guess is it went in the trash accidentally.

    Well, last night another knife disappeared.

    I asked Julia if she might nave it someplace, and one said no.  Then she said, "Why don't you just order new ones?"

    $87 per knife is the reason.  That's why we only had 3.

    I was determined to find the missing knife.

    I looked through drawers, under furniture, in cupboards..... no knife.

    I put on some gloves and went tnrough 4 bags of garbage, but came up empty.

    Luckily we have another set of knives,  not as good, but it is a full set.

    Tonight I was doing dishes.  I had not wiped off the cooktop for a couple of days.  When I did tonight, there was the knife!  Being black it blended in with the cooktop and I never thought to look there.

    Happy, happy, happy.

    Beth went to the vet today.  Julia heard her wheezing and thought maybe she was sick.  She checked out fine except for the couple of pounds she has gained.

    We ned to cut back on her treats and food.  You can say the same for me.

    As a reward for her good behavior, we stopped at Starbucks.


    Oh well, we will start the food cut back tomorrow.

Peace and Love







No comments:

Post a Comment