Tuesday, September 19, 2023

what??

 I had a hearing appointment today


    Actually, I had 2 appointments:  1 at 2:30 and 1 at 3.

    Or so I thought.

    I got there at 2:20 and told the receptionist was there for a 2:30 and a 3 appointment.

    She said, "Actually, you had a 2 and a 2:30 appointment."

    How do I do that?  I mean, I wrote it on the calendar.  I even wrote 2:30 and 3.  I don't get it.

    While I was waiting for my 2:30 appointment, the next person came in and said he had an appointment for 2:30.

    The same receptionist said,, "Actually, you have a 3 o clock appointment."

    Now, both of us were men.  We were both genuinely surprised that we had the wrong times. I was wondering what the receptionist was thinking.

    Anyway, I love my doctor.  Not love, love; but love as in I really enjoy our appointments.

    Her first words to me today were, "Hello, Terry!  How was your trip across the pond?  Did you have a good time?"

    I asked her if she had a little time for my passport story, she did, so I told it and she was as amazed as I was that a guy from Naperville found it and returned it at the baseball game.

    Yesterday my lawn was dethatched.  My plan was to buy seed, overseed the lawn, then put a starter fertilizer on to stimulate the growth.

    I bought 50 pounds of grass seed  to do t hat. I did not realize how expensive grass seed is.

    Anyway, my next idea was to use Emily's pull behind the riding mower spreader to spread the seed.  When I picked it up tonight, I found the spreader doesn't work.  It seems frozen.  Tomorrow I will douse it with WD-40 an hope that frees up the frozen parts.

    If it doesn't, I'll be asking neighbors if they have one I could borrow to spread the seed.

    The fertilizer will have to wait until the end of October.  At least that is what a couple of on-line articles said about a winterizer fertilizer.  I can't find starter fertilizer this time of year, (surprise, surprise) and my next best option seems to be a winterizer.

    I ran into an old friend today.  He was using a walker, which surprised me because he was always so big and strong.  He told me that after the cancer treatments, (Me;  What?  You had cancer?) he started getting dizzy at times and uses the walker to stabilize himself.  

    Seems we both had prostate cancer.  He had surgery then radiation while I only had surgery.

    If you know a male over age 50 encourage them to get their PSA checked yearly.  The PSA reading is a good way to detect prostate cancer.  Once it is detected, there are several ways to treat it, but early detection is key.  Pass that message on.

Peace and Love 


No comments:

Post a Comment