Wednesday, September 20, 2023

drat!

I had a great day today, but I forgot one thing 


    A photo!!

    Friends John, Frank and Barb came out for a visit.  We have known each other since we were all knee high to tadpoles.  Except for Barb.  We were fully grown tadpoles when Frank met his future wife, but that was still a long time ago.  John's wife Kathy could not make it, and we missed her.

    A funny thing happened on the way to the Dickows.

    They stopped  at Portillo's in Sycamore to bring lunch.

    Kathy put the order in on line this morning.

    John got there a little early and they told him it would be 10 or 15 minutes.  So he went out to wait in the car.

    When he went  back in to pick up, the lady at the catering counter said, "Your order is right......." and pointed to an empty space on the pick up rack.

    She told John she had just put it there minutes ago, but it was gone!  She thought a previous customer picked up our order along with their order by mistake.

    So, they had to remake the order.

    In a sort of apology for the mess up, she gave John lemon cake.  Not just a slice, but the whole cake!

    While the food was good, the company was even better.  

    We talked about old times, the old neighborhood, kids we went to school with...it was a great visit.

    My only complaint?  I did not take a group picture!  I can't believe I did not do that.  

    Just close your eyes and picture three handsome, studly guys and two beautiful young girls and you can sort of get a mental picture of the gathering.

    It's funny.  I don't really remember much about growing up.  I can only remember a few people I went to school with, some of my teachers are blurs, and things I did, well, they are gone from my mind.  John and Frank were talking about going to dances at the local Y and I sort of remember that.  The Y on Lawrence? Or on Irving?  It's a distant memory, at best.

    And that's what photos are for.....helping to remember.

    Next time I will take the picture.

Peace and Love


One picture I did do today, Julia ordered 5 flyswatters on amazon.  This is the box in which they were packed.  Crazy, eh?



No comments:

Post a Comment