Thursday, September 7, 2023

damn

Sometimes easy stuff is frustrating 


    I tried to order tickets for an upcoming play.  I figured out how to pick out accessible seating, and picked out two seats.   (I know, it is impolite to pick your seat in a theater.)

    Google gives you a virtual credit card so your real card numbers are not floating around in space.

    But when I entered the virtual pin, the number was invalid.  I tried several times, and it came invalid every time.

    So I went back and entered my real credit card.  

    At first, the feedback was expiration date not entered.  But  I could only enter 3 digits.  If the expiration was 12/25, I could only enter 12/2.  

    After several attempts, the correct date was accepted.

    Then it was on to the dreaded pin.  I entered my 3 digit number and it was invalid.  I know it is the correct number.  Entered again.  Invalid.  Again. Invalid. Again, Invalid.

    At that point I exited the system, frustrated by technology.

    Then I learned as of Sept. 29 my Nest home thermostat will no longer be supported.  I have no idea what that entails.  I think it means if I have a problem I am on my own.  But I am not sure.

    The reason was the cost of updating was too much.  Wouldn't you think they would have thought of that before they sold thousands of Nest home thermostats?

    Luckily I kept the old thermostat, just in case.  Course, I would have no idea how to hook it up.  And maybe I won't have to.  I just don't know.

    I need to take the computer in to see why it is running so slow.  Emily told me to do that during the pandemic and I never did.  Funny thing, ignoring the problem did not solve it.

    If I remember  correctly, I had a hard time making an appointment with Apple.  That may have been why I never took it in.

    Tomorrow's a new day and I will try again.

    I was in the car and had on Margaritaville on Serius.  They were playing a concert Jimmy did last February in Key West.  As I listened I got very sad, very, very sad, knowing we won't get to experience those live shows again.

    You never know when you do something for the last time, do you?

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment